Revitalize Your Property with Experts in Historic Home Remodeling in Kansas City
Before we know it, temperatures will be rising, flowers will be blooming, and birds will be singing – all signs that spring has returned. For many homeowners, this also indicates they should start thinking about the home remodeling projects they want complete.
However, if you live in a historic home, planning a project can be a bit more complex, so starting early is key. Compared to new builds, older houses generally involve more behind-the-walls upgrades to bring them up to code and careful craftsmanship that keeps the property’s distinctive details intact.
With this in mind, the best time to start on a historic home remodeling project is now. Keep reading to learn how Architectural Craftsmen can help you start designing your dream home without sacrificing historical charm, so construction is ready to begin as soon as the first buds of the season appear.
Prepare for Spring with the Right Historic Home Remodeling Team
When preparing to renovate a historic home, you want a team that understands your property’s defining features, how they were constructed, and any unique challenges that come with them. At Architectural Craftsmen, we have lengthy experience in architecture, design, and history, meaning we ensure your remodel reflects your home’s period-appropriate style.
We take pride in our ability to seamlessly blend modern functionality with the one-of-a-kind character of your historic home. Our experts listen carefully to your home remodeling ideas and work to accomplish your vision in a way that respects your property’s integrity.
Located in Kansas City, our home remodeling professionals are a cut above the rest.General home remodeling contractors near you often don’t have the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully update your house without erasing its history. Because we pay close attention to when your property was built, we can help you create a space that preserves all the design elements that make it so special.
An Overview of Our Historic Home Remodeling Services
We’ve built our reputation as award-winning specialists in historic home remodeling in Kansas City, primarily working on homes from the 1940s and earlier. We handle projects of all sizes and scopes, tailoring our approach to your unique needs and investment goals. In the past, we’ve helped clients with:
- Whole-home remodeling projects.
- Kitchen, bathroom, and other individual room renovations.
- Home additions.
- Exterior remodels.
- Historically accurate, custom trim work.
To see stunning examples of some of our work, check out our online portfolio. You’ll discover a wide variety of projects and may even come away with a few home remodeling ideas of your own.
How Our Historic Home Remodeling Process Works
We know that embarking on a renovation project can be overwhelming, especially when you own a historic property. To ensure a smooth and stress-free experience, we’ve developed a comprehensive and easy-to-understand home remodeling process that includes three phases.
- Discovery: The Discovery phase is all about getting to know you, your property, and your home remodeling ideas. We’ll schedule a time to visit your home and discuss how you use your current space, along with what you do and don’t like. We’ll also talk through your investment goals, so we can create a plan that not only aligns with your vision, but your budget, too.
- Project Development:To start bringing your vision to life, we’ll document your property’s as-is condition, taking measurements and photos. We’ll then come up with a few design options and work together to settle on the perfect fit for your home. During this phase, you’ll also select the materials that will be used in your new space, including paint colors, tile, cabinets, countertops, flooring, and more.
- Construction: Once your design is finalized, construction can begin. Unlike general home remodeling contractors near you, we boast an in-house team of master craftsmen who work on your project from conception to completion. One of our lead carpenters will be on-site daily to oversee the progress of your renovation, and our project manager will ensure everything stays on schedule and within budget.
Breathe New Life Into Your Old House by Partnering with Architectural Craftsmen
Your historic home is not only special to you, but also to your community’s culture and heritage. By choosing to remodel your property, you’re preserving your story and those of generations before.
Our professionals understand the value of architectural detailing and take great care in restoring your home to its former glory. From intricate moldings to breathtaking trim work, we notice every detail, ensuring that the character of your historic property shines through now and for years to come.
This doesn’t mean you can’t include modern conveniences in your renovation, however. Architectural Craftsmen expertly balances new and old, creating spaces that honor the past, while embracing the future.